Swagbucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chicken Melt.

Eat at Home Cooks brought us another good dinner. I say good b/c I think next time (and there will be a next time) there are a few things I would do different. Overall they Garlic/Basil Mayo was pretty tasty. The only downside is it called for Mozzarella cheese, and I will probably do something with a little bit of heat, maybe a jalapeno pepperjack.
We had it with a side of sweet potato fries. Which was a really good compliment to the sandwich. We also used an Arnold Sandwich Thin b/c it cut out some extra points and was good.
I also had another recipe from Eat at Home Cooks but it smelled so good, that we had eaten half of our dinner before I realized I didn't take a picture, but I have leftovers, so tomorrow when I have it for lunch, you will get to see what it is!!


Chicken Melt (makes 2 sandwiches)
WW pts: 5 pts per sandwich

1 Chicken breast cooked and shredded
1/2 cup low fat/fat free mozzarella, shredded
4 tbsp light mayo (I used Kraft)
1 tsp minced garlic
pepper to taste
1/4 tsp dried basil
Lettuce and Tomato to garnish

Toast the roll or bun you plan on using. Top with chicken and cheese. Place under broiler to toast the cheese. While that is toasting, mix the mayo, garlic, basil and pepper. When the sandwich are nice and bubbly. Place a Tbsp of mayo mixture on each sandwich. It made extra just in case someone wanted more on their sandwich. Top with lettuce and tomato.


I have posted the Sweet Potato Fry recipe before. But just in case you haven't tried them. They are a must. I can even get my picky little eater to ask for them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment