Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, September 6, 2010

Oven Fried Chicken and California BLT's.

Does anyone else remember their mom making oven fried chicken? I know most people in the south are going to gawk at the fact that it wasn't fried in a cast iron skillet. But you know what. That's probably why most southern states are the most obese in the nation... I'm just sayin'. I've attempted to make this dish, using different recipes, which were HUGE failures. So when I saw this in a low fat, low cholesterol cookbook. I thought I would give it one more shot..... and we finally have a winner. I wish I could remember what was different about this recipe than the others, but in all honesty I can't. But this time it worked and it was delicious.

Crispy Oven Fried Chicken (makes 6 chicken thighs or drumsticks)
WW pts: 4 pts per piece

Vegetable oil Spray (PAM)
3 cups Cornflakes, lightly crushed
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 pieces of chicken

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray. In a pie pan, stir together cereal and garlic. In a small bowl mix together ginger, paprika, salt, pepper. Sprinkle seasoning on both sides of chicken.

Roll the chicken in the cereal crumbs to coat. Lightly spray the chicken on all sides and put on a baking sheet. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until chicken is golden brown and tender and no longer pink in the center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also made the California BLT's last night, but forgot to post the recipe. My stepdad introduced us to these years ago, and after 1 persuasive dinner. Michael now loves them. I mean Bacon. Guacamole.... what's not to love. They are such a great dinner when you want a cool alternative to the normal BLT.

California BLT's (makes 4 pita halves or 2 whole pita)
WW pts: 5 pts per serving

2 pita bread cut in half circle
6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
lettuce, shredded or chopped
tomato, diced
4 tbsp Guacamole
ketchup (optional)

Cook bacon and crumble. On 1 side of pita pocket, spread 1 tbsp guacamole and ketcup on the other 1/2 if you want ketchup. Then fill with bacon crumbles, tomato and lettuce. I usually squirt just a tad bit more ketchup on top.

Served with chips or side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment