Swagbucks

Search & Win

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Greek Spinach Veggie Burger

Better Homes and Gardens is the inspiration for tonight's dinner. My In-laws always give me their leftover magazines. One of the recipes that I thought sounded interesting. I was actually kind of wary about it, but I figured if I could learn to eat brussel sprouts, then I could try a spinach burger... and to my surprise, it was really good.
We put the patties on an Arnold's Sandwich Thin & had roasted potato fries on the side.


Greek Spinach Veggie Burger (makes 4 patties)
WW pts: 6 pts a patty

1/4 cup olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried dillweed
1 cup Stove top stuffing, dried mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1- 10 oz. package frozen chipped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup fat free feta cheese

In Medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, oregano, dillweed and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Stir in stuffing mix to coat thoroughly. Stir in eggs, spinach and feta, mix well.
Shape into 4 1/2 inch thick patties. Heat griddle or large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add patties, cook 3-5 minutes per side or until browned and heated on each side.

I made a mixture of plain fat free yogurt, dillweed, pepper, oregano and garlic salt to go on top of the burgers. Then added a little bit of mustard on top burger too. It was delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment