Swagbucks

Search & Win

Friday, April 22, 2011

Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas.

I saw this recipe on EatatHomeCooks.com, it looked pretty good. And while I don't usually do green chilies, I though I'd give it a try. I deviated from the original recipe and added some fat free refried beans into the mix.

And while I don't have any on hand. I do have to give a shout out to a product that we LOVE. Most everyone knows of the Wholly Guacamole. Did you know that the Wholly brand also makes a queso? They have a white and yellow queso, that is beyond delicious. Seriously, when we had it in the house Michael and I would eat the whole thing in 2 days. That's a LOT of queso. This is the reason why I don't have any in the house, or we would be having that queso. Since Cinco De Mayo is coming up faster than Easter bunnies procreate, I thought I would let you guys know so you can keep an eye out for it for Cinco de Mayo. Heat it up and take it to your party (or eat it at home) and people will think you are a queso genius.

Green Chilies Chicken Enchiladas
Makes 8 enchiladas

  • 2 chicken breasts cooked, shredded chicken
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel-Normal)
  • 2-3 cups shredded reduced fat cheese (I used all of the block of Monterey Jack and added cheddar too)
  • flour tortillas
  • 1 can green chili enchilada sauce
  • Fat Free refried beans

Mix the chicken, tomatoes with green chilies, refried beans and 1/2 or a bit more of the cheese together in a bowl. Fill the tortillas with this.

Place the filled tortillas in a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the can of enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.


We made the mistake of using the Hot Rotel... and BOY it was spicy. We served it with fat free sour cream and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment