Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, April 11, 2011

Homemade Turkey Pot Pie.

I do realize that it's April and not the normal time you would have leftover turkey on hand. When you find yourself digging through the freezer for the popsicle you dropped, and find a bag of leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, well you've got to find a recipe to use that turkey up (or at least some of it). I'm not sure which magazine I pulled it out of, because it was a Swanson Broth ad.
The other thing that drew my attention is that a lot of times Michael doesn't like all the extra crusts, which I LOVE, I could eat his and mine. But this recipe only had a top crust, no bottom, so I figured it would cut down on some of the calories. I missed the extra crust, but not enough that I would throw this recipe away. It was chocked full of vegetables and had great flavor.

This picture was just because the pot pie looked like something out of a magazine. It was beautiful and smelled delicious.


Then I actually cut it so you could see all the veggies inside. I had a bag of mixed veggies with carrots, corn, green beans and peas in it.

Turkey Pot Pie
(makes 6 servings)

1 egg
1 Tbsp, water
6 cups diced cooked Turkey or chicken
5 cups frozen mixed vegetables
2 Tbsp Butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 cups Swanson chicken broth (low sodium)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 of a package of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry (1 full sheet), Thaw
2 Tbsp chopped herbs (parsley, thyme, rosemary and/or oregano)

Heat Oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg and water in small bowl with fork.
Stir turkey and vegetables in 13x9 baking dish. Heat butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Gradually stir stock into saucepan. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Stir in black pepper. Pour stock mixture over turkey mixture.

Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry sheet into 13x9 rectangle. Place pastry over filling. Press pastry to the rim to seal. Brush Pastry with egg mixture and sprinkle with herbs.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment