Swagbucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Turkey Tetrazini.

I'm not sure what made me look for this recipe. But it had to be something with the noodles and creamy sauce.. Too bad I didn't have any Chicken like the recipe called for, so instead I found a bag of leftover Thanksgiving turkey (yes, thanksgiving). So I improvised and it was pretty delicious. I also had some elbow noodles instead of spaghetti open, so I threw those in.

Thanks to EatatHomeCooks.com, it is where I found the original recipe, before I altered it. She had a variation that had it in the crockpot, but I forgot to start it, so I had to go with the oven recipe. Either way- Easy, Yummy, Filling dinner.

Turkey Tetrazini (makes 8 servings)

3 cups Chopped Turkey (or Chicken)
1/2 cup Fat Free Chicken Broth
2 cans Cream soups (I used 2 C. of Chicken)
8 ounce F.F. Sour Cream
8 ounces cooked Spaghetti noodles (or Elbow macaroni)
1 cup low fat/fat free mozzarella cheese

Cook noodles according to package directions. Preheat Oven to 375. Mix Turkey, Broth, Soups and Sour Cream in a bowl together. Rinse noodles the mix into Turkey. Spread into 9x13 pan. Cover with Mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30-45 minutes (until cheese is golden brown and bubbly). Remove from oven and let sit for 5-10 minutes.

We served it with steamed broccoli, which was the perfect side for it. The only thing I could think that would make it better would be a dash of pepper and garlic salt. It's definitely a keeper!

Now I'm off to decide what type of pie I really need... B/C it's that or a cupcake, neither of which I have in the house and both I'm craving like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment