Swagbucks

Search & Win

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birthday French Toast.

Yeah, I've been lazy. But I haven't seen anyone complaining about my laziness, so I let it continue. But now I do have a recipe to share. This is one that I actually made for my canning party, and I'm going to have to make some more, because it was just so good, and I could see so many uses for it. It's Praline syrup. I know, your thinking why make it when you can buy it. But seriously, I've never had syrup this good, and it was easy to make. Not the healthiest, but delicious anyways.


For my canning party, I made homemade bread from scratch. It was delicious, especially since I don't have a bread machine, it was all BY HAND.
For my birthday I made french toast with my homemade bread and praline syrup. It was so deliciously rich. That is truly how french toast is to be made.

The original recipe calls for dark corn syrup and brown sugar, but says you can replace it with light corn syrup and brown sugar for a lighter molasses flavor. I used the light ingredients and it tasted like a pecan pie.

Praline Syrup
2 cups light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 cup pecan pieces
1/2 tsp vanilla

Combine syrup and water in a saucepan. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring to a boil, boil 1 minute. Reduce heat stir in pecans and vanilla; simmer 5 minutes. ladle hot syrup into glass jar or heat proof container.

*For canning- Ladle hot syrup into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 10 minute in boiling-water canner, time starting when water is at a constant rolling boil. After the 10 minutes, turn stove off, and remove lid, let jars sit in hot water for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool, check to make sure they are sealed, if not reprocess.

Told you it was simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment