Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, October 18, 2010

Flounder for the first time.

I usually stick to Tilapia when thinking about fish. Because it's mild and not a real "fishy" fish, if you know what I mean. But I have been know to go out of my comfort zone and try something that I would not normally pick...

Tonight being one of those times. I found this recipe in a Low fat/ Low Cholesterol cookbook. It sounded kinda weird, but I thought what the heck... I'd give it a try 1 time.... ok, now maybe more. It was light and the sauce actually came together really nicely and tasted good. The only downside was that flounder is expensive... or at least it was at Publix this past week. OH well. just another thing I will have to watch for on sale.

Flounder with Mustard Sauce over Spinach (makes 4 servings)
WW pts: 3 pts.

4 Fish Fillets (sole or flounder) 4 ounces each
1/4 cup of fat free or light ranch dressing
3 tbsp fat free plain yogurt (I used Fat free sour cream)
1 1/2 Tbsp Plain mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt
8 ounces spinach, fresh

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Rinse fish and pat dry. Place in a 13 x 9 pan. In a small bowl, stir together the ranch, yogurt,mustard, pepper and garlic salt. Spoon evenly over the fish.
Bake 8-10 minutes or until the fish is flaky. I did it for 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, remove stems from spinach. Rinse spinach thoroughly. Drain well. Heat non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Cook the spinach until wilted, a minute or two. Arrange spinach in a single layer. Top with baked fish.

We served it with some frozen green beans that I boiled and then sauteed in garlic and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment