Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, October 4, 2010

Salmon Burgers.

I know I make most everything from scratch and I like it that way. But a few weeks ago my WW leader Vicki told us about a Salmon Burger that she bought at Kroger individually wrapped and made it. She said it was pretty delicious and at 1.99 each it was still cheaper than if I were to have to buy all the ingredients to make a Salmon burger... So for tonight's gourmet meal.... I put 2 Salmon burgers in the oven while I made Sweet potato fries. The burger didn't have a strong Salmon taste, but let a little lemon-y aftertaste, which was good. It is definitely something that I will buy again. I put ours in the oven b/c I wanted them Crispy, but the package said you could microwave or pan fry it. Then just topped the bun with Lettuce and tomato. Simple and really good.


Each Burger is 4 pts. which is better than some Turkey burgers.

Here is the recipe that I have posted previously for the Sweet Potato Fries. The points vary on how big a potato, but I usually get a large one and count it as 3-4 pts.

Sweet Potato Fries
1 Sweet Potato per person
PAM
Pepper
garlic salt (optional)

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. With a sharp knife, slice the sweet potatoes into thin slices. Spray a cookie sheet (If they are bigger potatoes, I have to use 2 sheets) with PAM. Spread the sweet potato slices in 1 layer across the cookie sheet, Spray the tops of the sweet potato with another bit of PAM. Sprinkle with Pepper (and salt if you want).
Bake for 20 minutes, flip the potatoes over and you can bake for another 20 minutes, or put the broiler on low and broil them. If you choose to broil them, watch them closely, because they will crisp up pretty quick on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment