Swagbucks

Search & Win

Thursday, March 24, 2011

7 Layer salad.

Our great Hawaiian vacation didn't go very well. So instead Will and I are in Huntsville while my husband is in Hawaii for work. This will have to wait for a whole other post to explain what all went down and why I had sobbing meltdowns in 3 of the 5 Atlanta airport concourses... Not sure I could type the whole story without crying again... so it will have to wait.

For now though. This baby can not make up it's mind what it wants. If any of you ever watched Gilmore Girls, when Suki is pregnant and changes her mind like 40 times..... that is me this time. And it's annoying. Last night all I wanted was a donut and Taco bell quesadilla. Yes, I gave into both. I ate Chick-Fil-A last week with my stepdad while he was in town. So my streak of 2 years, 3 months and 19 days of no fast food came to an end. But MAN was that grilled chicken sandwich and waffle fries worth it. Sorry, little detour there. Back to the point. This baby is so culinarily confused. This morning I woke up and all I've been able to think about was this 7 layer salad that my mom has made for years... so what did I do.. went to the store bought the stuff to make it, came home. Made it and dug into it for lunch. And it was GOOD.

So here is the recipe: I know you may read the ingredients and say "Really Colleen... that's good". But honestly it is delicious and perfect for summer get togethers and BBQ's.

7 Layer salad
WW Pts Plus will vary depending on the ingredient brands you use

1 head of iceburg lettuce, cleaned
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 small bag of frozen peas
1 small bottle of lowfat or fat free ranch dressing
1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of bacon pieces

In a large casserole dish or something that you can cover. Break the lettuce into small bite size pieces. Layer lettuce, then green pepper, onion next. Thaw the peas in a strainer with warm water, then place on top of onions. I usually put just enough ranch to lightly cover the peas. It will thin out while it sits. The top with cheese and bacon pieces on top.

It's usually best if you let it sit for a couple hours before serving. And will last in the fridge for 2 days before the lettuce gets too mushy.



No comments:

Post a Comment