Swagbucks

Search & Win

Friday, March 4, 2011

Bacon Tomato pasta.

We actually made this recipe a week ago, but that night we got to have my friend from Auburn up here for the night, so I was busy chatting with her, then the whole excitement of telling everyone about our pregnancy. Then of course my laziness of just being so tired because of the pregnancy that I'm a little behind. So bare with me.

This recipe was pretty good, although I'm still not sure why the parmesan cheese in my recipe clumped and the original recipe off of Eat At Home cooks.com didn't. I even went so far as to email her and ask if she had that happen. No such luck. The only thing I can guess is I added it to fast.

Bacon Tomato Pasta
(makes 4 servings)

  • 6 ounce (or 1 1/2 ounces per adult) pasta – I used penne, but you could use any shape you like
  • 2 Tbs. butter + 2 Tbs. olive oil (this didn’t make it into the picture)
  • onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup white wine
  • 1 1/2 cups half & half
  • 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
  • salt & pepper
  • 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained, no salt added
  • fresh basil leaves, chopped

Boil the pasta according to the directions. Melt the butter and olive oil together in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is tender. Add the wine and cook for a minute or two. Add the half & half, whisking to blend. Stir in the cheese slowly in sections and let it melt. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the bacon, tomatoes and basil.

Drain the pasta then mix it with the sauce. Serve it with extra parmesan and black pepper if you like. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment