- 6 ounce (or 1 1/2 ounces per adult) pasta – I used penne, but you could use any shape you like
- 2 Tbs. butter + 2 Tbs. olive oil (this didn’t make it into the picture)
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups half & half
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- salt & pepper
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained, no salt added
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
Boil the pasta according to the directions. Melt the butter and olive oil together in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is tender. Add the wine and cook for a minute or two. Add the half & half, whisking to blend. Stir in the cheese slowly in sections and let it melt. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the bacon, tomatoes and basil.
Drain the pasta then mix it with the sauce. Serve it with extra parmesan and black pepper if you like. Yum!