Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, March 14, 2011

Cheesy Shrimp Stuffed peppers.

This recipe I actually pulled out of a Costco cookbook that Michael brought home ages ago from a guy he worked with. So of course I went through pulled out this recipe and stuck it in my 3 ring binder of recipes out of magazines... I finally flipped to it and was like hmmm, baby doesn't hate the sound of that. We'll try it.

The original recipe didn't have shrimp in it, it actually had no meat, but I had 1/2 a pound of shrimp that we need to eat and it sounds like it would go good. And pretty healthy, if you use fat free/low fat cheese. The peppers turned out better than I expected. They were also more filling than I thought, I ate my serving and sat there for a minute and realized I was completely satisfied. The pepper were soft but not mushy, the cheese/ranch flavor was delicious on top of the sweet peppers. I think I actually like this recipe better than any other stuffed pepper recipe I've ever had.... It's is a keeper in our house!!

Cheesy Shrimp Stuffed Peppers
makes: 4 servings

2 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (whatever is cheaper)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 onion chopped
1 cup diced yellow pepper
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 Tbsp dried ranch seasoning
1 cup low fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 lb shrimp, cooked and diced

Preheat oven to 375. Split whole peppers in half and seed them. Set Aside.
Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add chopped peppers and continue sauteing for 3-4 minutes, or until peppers are tender.

In a large bowl, stir together rice, ranch dressing, shrimp and sauteed pepper/onion mixture. Fold in cheese. Stuff pepper halves with the rice/cheese mixture. Place in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through.

1 comment: