Swagbucks

Search & Win

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pasta Soup Classic.

With it being cold and dreary here today I decided that Soup was the way to go. I've made this recipe before but had added a mexican flavor. This time I opted for an italian flare, since apparently this baby is not a fan of the mexican food like Will was. I had added a notation to this one that it was low in points.

I forgot to take a picture. We were hungry and have been smelling it for an hour, so it got devoured before I even thought about it.

Pasta Soup
(makes 4-6 servings)

1- 32 ounce Box Fat free chicken broth
4-8 cups water (depending on how "soupy" you want it)
1 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1- 15 ounce can Tomato sauce, no salt added
2- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, no salt added
2 cloves of minced garlic
1 cup of pasta (any type, I used Penne, b/c I had a box of it open)
salt and pepper to taste
* For the italian flare I added: A sprinkle of garlic salt and Crushed rosemary

Mix all ingredients, except pasta. Bring to a boil and let simmer 1 hour to 1 1/2 hour, then add pasta and let pasta cook until carrots and pasta are tender.

I sprinkled the bowl of soup with a Tablespoon of shredded parmesan.

Besides the little to much pepper I added, it was perfect. Exactly what I wanted today!! You can't beat a meal that feeds a whole family for 1-2 dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment