Swagbucks

Search & Win

Friday, February 18, 2011

Party preparation = quick dinner

Yes. I've been lazy about posting. But we've been eating a lot of recipes I've already posted. So instead of reposting them, I've just been having dinner.

Except tonight. Tonight since I'm trying (trying is the operative word there) to finish as much of the food prep for tomorrow. Since I've been on the go since this morning. Tonight we are trying an easy meal. It's a Chicken and Dressing Casserole from EatatHomeCooks.com. I haven't figured up the point plus value for them. The only thing I would have done differently with this recipe is probably used a little less milk, b/c the stuffing was a little mushy and I like mine a little crunchier, maybe leaving it uncovered the whole baking time too would have done it. I'd definitely make it again!!

Chicken and Dressing Casserole
(makes 6 servings)

3 cups Cooked chicken (I used the Tyson ready Chicken strips I got on sale)
1 box of cornbread stuffing mix
1 can chicken broth (99% fat free)
3 Tbsp butter (I forgot to add)
1 1/3 fat free milk
1 can cream of chicken soup (99% fat free)

Put chicken in the bottom of 9x13 pan. In a large bowl mix the stuffing and broth. Set aside while you mix the rest. Melt the butter in the microwave. Mix butter, milk and cream of chicken soup together. Pour soup mixture over chicken, then put the stuffing over the soup. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes- 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment