Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, January 24, 2011

Firecracker Tilapia.

Tilapia was the fish that we had on the menu for tonight. But I never wrote down how I had planned on cooking it. So I winged it. Ok, I didn't really wing it. My mother in law gave me Secret Restaurant recipes for Christmas, so I flipped through it until I found a fish recipe. Which just happened to be one from Chili's. I'd never heard of it or tried it, and I didn't have all the ingredients it called for, so I did have to improvise that is why I'm claiming to have winged it.


Fire Cracker Tilapia (makes 2 filets)
WW points plus: 5 pts per serving

2 Tilapia filets (3-4 ounce each)
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce, reduced sodium
1 Tbsp Rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1 tsp to 1 tbsp Chili garlic sauce (depends on how spicy you want it)
2 Tbsp Brown sugar
4 Tbsp Panko Bread crumbs

Turn Broiler in oven on Low.
In a saute pan, heat oil on medium, add garlic and saute 1 minute. In a small bowl mix Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Oyster Sauce, Chili Garlic Sauce and Brown sugar. Pour into pan with garlic. Stir until sauce thickens and is bubbly. Turn stove eye off.
On a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil spray with PAM, then spray 1 side of Tilapia with PAM, place sprayed face down. Spray top then sprinkle with Panko crumbs. Then spoon garlic mixture over the top to cover. And place under the broiler 8-10 minutes or until the fish is flaky.

We served it with Broccoli, and I was going to do rice, but didn't have any brown rice (how did I run out of that?? eek) So instead I did a Fresh steamer bag of Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots in Cheese sauce.

I have to admit the fish was better than I thought it was going to be. The sauce and panko crumbs made it a little crunchy, and was a great texture to the flaky fish!!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I would like to know when you are giving cooking lessons! I could use your cooking knowledge :) You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete