Swagbucks

Search & Win

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Peas and Pork.

For anyone that hasn't been around Will a million times, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret about Will. He is a picky eater, not such a big surprise if you know Michael, but the secret is that the kid loves peas... And not just any peas, they have to be frozen, then thawed with hot water.... so they aren't actually cooked.. I know it sounds gross, but this kid will eat them by the handfuls. You will never know how much my heart swells knowing that he loves veggies that much. Now not all veggies. Like I said he's a picky eater, but I'm hoping and praying that he grows out of that phase. It only took Michael 20- something years to realize that veggies weren't all bad. So there is always hope. This is just how much Will loves peas.

This was AFTER dinner, and I was wiping his hands and face, and he saw the little strainer on the counter and decided he wanted more.... and if one person comments on my messy counter tops, then they can come clean my house. Creativity usually means messy... right? Well that is what I'm going to keep telling myself.

So after my whole spiel on Will and his peas.
We had Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Vegetables.

The Roasted Pork has a Bruschetta seasoning from World market on it, I know Pork is not Bruschetta, but it smelled and tasted good. Then I roasted it in a 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until done.
When I buy a pork tenderloin I cut it up into sections enough for 2 servings. So we don't have a bunch of leftovers from all of our meals. So this was a 8 oz section, 4 oz servings for each of us.

As for the veggies. I had a coupon a while back for the Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers. So I bought on of the lightly sauced sides to try. It's low fat, and if you can tell by the picture, the broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, are anything but what I consider "lightly sauced"... But hey, it's good and still pretty low calorie. Lima beans were our other choice of vegetable. We haven't had them in a while, and it was a special request from my former picky eater of a husband... So Lima beans it was.

So our whole meal was has a WW point value of 5. Not too bad, it basically equates to around 250-350 calories for the whole dinner. And I still have enough for a glass of milk and animal crackers for dessert!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment