Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, April 19, 2010

Tilapia is the fish of the day.

Superstitions... anyone... well I'm always superstitious about Mondays, because Tuesday is my Weight watcher weigh in day. Which usually means that I try to have something light, usually no pastas or salt heavy stuff. Because let me let you in on a little secret. The scale plays tricks on you. Salt is the devil when it comes to weight loss. No doubt that you've eaten a Mexican or something salty and the next day your pants are tighter, the scale claims that you have gained 4 lbs overnight.. It's just plain B.S. So why would I want to put myself through that when it comes time to jump on that scale and have another person evaluate what progress I have or have not made.... Not going to happen. I know, I know, your thinking, but it's not real. But when your motivation is lacking because the scale isn't moving like it should. Seeing a gain in your little book can be devastating. So this is what I do.

So with all the scale drama out there. We usually have fish/seafood, veggies... but it still has to be delicious. Because if I'm going to spend the calories on it, it better be worth it, right? Today's fish of the day was Tilapia. For those of you who claim to hate the fishy taste of fish. Try Tilapia, it's not "fishy" tasting. I made up this recipe a while ago, and it's just so good, that we have it often.
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
2 Tilapia Filets
1/4 cup plain or Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp pepper
Garlic salt/ or Garlic Salt grinder (4 turns)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a saute pan/oven safe pan if you have one with 2 tsp Olive oil. Mix all dry ingredients together in a shallow pan. Take Tilapia Filet's and Spray them with Pam (it's instead of using an egg) and then coat each side of fish with the mix. Place the fish filet's in pan and pan sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven until they finish cooking (flakes away when cut with a fork). Usually 8-10 minutes.

We had brussel sprouts, and Knorr's Broccoli and cheese rice side.
Our whole dinner was WW 7.5 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment