Swagbucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baked Turkey Chimichangas

We love Mexican food. Dinner tonight was a recipe from when I first joined Weight Watchers. It is a baked version of my favorite. Chimichangas normally are fried and delicious, but I just can't eat like that anymore.
Now don't hold the picture against me, they were cheesy on top, and mine fell apart on it's way out of the pan. But still yummy. It is also one of those recipes that gets better as leftovers.

Oh and let me just give a huge shout out to Taco bell, I love that they bottled and sell their sauces in the grocery store. Because now I can get the taco bell flavor and not have to go through the drive thru!!! p.s. Saturday will be the start of 17 months since I've gone through a drive thru. I do go to Subway, but that is only because I know I can make good choices there. Normal fast food I can't make good choices. So I choose not to have them at all....

Baked Turkey Chimichangas (WW 4 pts a piece)
makes 10 chimichangas
1 lb lean ground turkey
1 onion, diced
1 can fat free refried beans
1 cup salsa
Taco Seasoning
10 small whole wheat tortillas
8 oz. Low fat Shredded mexican blend cheese

Preheat the oven to 375. In a pan, saute the onion and ground turkey until it's browned. Add the taco seasoning and mix through. Then add the beans and salsa, mix until heated. Add 1/2 the cheese to the meat mixture and let melt. Take the tortillas and scoop even amounts of the turkey mixture into the tortillas, then roll and place in a PAM sprayed 9x13 inch baking dish.
After all the tortillas are in the pan rolled up, top with the remaining cheese and place in the oven to let the cheese melt.

We usually have 2 chimichangas, served with Salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment