Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Lemon Pepper Chicken

We had Chicken and vegetables on the menu for tonight. But I didn't put down how I wanted to cook it, so I decided I wanted Lemon Pepper chicken, but something a little different. So I made up this recipe, and it's definitely a keeper for us.

Lemon Pepper Chicken (makes 2 servings)
WW pts: 4 pts a serving (2 drumsticks)

4 Chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1/4 cup Lemon juice
2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Cornstarch

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow pan, spray with PAM. In a small bowl add lemon juice, lemon pepper, garlic and pepper together. Then whisk in olive oil to combine. Then whisk in Cornstarch. Place chicken drumsticks into shallow pan, and spoon lemon pepper mix over chicken drumsticks. Cook for 30 minutes, turn over and spoon lemon pepper mixture that is on the bottom of the pan onto the drumsticks. Then finish cooking about 20 minutes or until no longer pink in the center.

We served it with fresh Squash and Zucchini and Brussel sprouts. The cornstarch is what makes my recipe different than any that I've found. It makes the "marinade" more of a gravy, with out all the extra calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment