Swagbucks

Search & Win

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Improvise.

All today I had been thinking we were having the Bean Soup recipe that I love so much. Then around 4:30, I went to start making it and realized I never bought a can of black beans... Not sure why I didn't. So we went from having Bean Soup (which will be carried over for next week). We decided to make pancakes, and thanks to Michael for the suggestion of throwing in some blueberries.... we had a delicious "breakfast" for dinner.

It's not very often that I actually get to post Will's dinner, but this kid loved the pancakes tonight, and told me so (which I think was a first). So I had to take a picture of his plate, well what was left after 2 1/2 pancakes.
Then after I took a picture of his plate, he realized that he had pancake left and finished them off too. Not to bad, considering he refuses to eat a whole blueberry. But shove it in a pancake and this kid thinks I'm superwoman in the kitchen!!!
So here was our pancakes. Melt in your mouth, light, and fluffy. And not overly sweet.

Blueberry Pancakes (makes 13- 5 inch pancakes)
WW pts: 2 pts. a pancake
2 cups Heart Healthy Bisquick pancake mix
2/3 cup fat free milk
2/3 cup water
2 Tbsp Egg beaters
2/3 Frozen Blueberries, thawed and chopped up in food processor

Whisk together everything but the Blueberries. In a food processor, or chopper. Chop up blueberries, then drain as much juice as you can from them. Then stir them into the batter.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Ladle pancake mix onto the pan, when bubble start appearing on the pancake batter, the pancakes are ready to flip.


We had fresh fruit and a scrambled egg & salsa (for some protein) with the pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds good to me! Mmmmm! I am going to keep it as a back up for the nights that exact same thing happens to me cause it will! LOL! I like the idea of having the eggs and salsa with it as apposed to bacon or sausage.

    ReplyDelete