Swagbucks

Search & Win

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Couponing= Great deals!!!

A few people have asked how I save money on couponing. First I have to give credit to Frugal Coupon living. She has taught me SOO much about how to get the best deal, and how to get free stuff in general. With that said, this is what I do.

Saturday or Sunday morning, I look on Sunday Coupon Preview to see what coupons are in the paper for the week, to decide if buying the paper is worth it, or if I should get multiple papers. Then I only clip the coupons that I will use, no sense in saving the coupons that I won't use, or I send them oversees to Military bases around the world (I'll explain that in a little bit).
Then I go to
afullcup.com (this one requires you to sign up, but it's free, so you aren't out anything)

Then Target.com at the bottom of their homepage has a link to go to coupons. Some are manufacturer and some are Target coupons.

Following me?? Yes... Ok. Now here's the awesome part.

Publix grocery store, here in Huntsville, will take Manufacturer coupons and Competitor Coupons for the same item. So ideally you could use 2 coupons for 1 item= big savings.
Publix also does B1G1 Free deals (that start new every Wednesday) that you can either buy 1 and pay half price or buy 2 and pay the regular price. Now if you buy 2 then you can still use 2 manufacturer coupons because you are still technically buying 2 items, just at 1/2 price.
Publix will also double any coupon up to 50 cents automatically.

As I mentioned before you can send your expired coupons oversees to military bases and military families can use them up to 6 months past their expiration date. So what is trash to you, now becomes savings for them. All it costs you is the postage to send it over there. I have received a few thank you cards from the families that get them, thanking me for taking the time to send them. Makes me smile to know someone else is able to benefit.
Addresses and info on expired coupons.


So here are a few of my good deals I got this week from Publix.

Kellogg's Cereal (normal price $3.99 a box)= 31.92
BIGI Free mean that I got each box for $2.00 = 15.96 (saving 15.96)
Then I had 4 coupns for 1.oo off when you buy 2 boxes = 11.96 (saving $4.00)
So for the 8 boxes I spent 11.96 and Saved 19.96

Croutons (normal price $1.59)
On sale for $.99 (savings $.60)
6 Coupons for $.50, which publix doubles= $6.00
So for the 6 packages of croutons I actually MADE .06 cents!!

Men's Deoterant (normal price 3.99)
BIGI mean I got each one for 1.99= 5.97 (savings 5.97)
I had 1 coupon for 3.00 off when you buy 2 and 1 coupon for 1.50 off 1= 4.50 Savings
Meaning I spent 1.50 on 3 deoterants (.50 cents each)

Ken's Salad Dressings (normal price 3.29)
Publix sale BIGI free means 4= 6.56 (Saving me 6.56)
I had a 2 coupons for B1G1 Free (that I can use b/c I'm still buying 4) = Saving me 6.56 meaning I just got 4 FREE
Then I also had 2 coupons for $1.00 off so I MADE $2.00 on the salad dressings.

Special K Protein Bars
on Sale 2/10 dollars.
Target had a store coupon for $1.00 off when you buy 2
and I had a manufacturer coupon for $1.00 off 2.
And since you can use both. I got 2 boxes of protein bars for 8 dollars. Saving me $1.00 a box.

And always check your mail, b/c when Kroger and other grocery stores send out their booklets. Some contain $5.00 off if you spend 30-50 dollars. And Publix will take those too!!! So that is 5 dollars instant savings!!!

At Publix today
I spent 62.95
Saved: $ 83.70
I love coupons!
So do I have you competely confused yet???
Just ask me questions, and I will either tell you the answer or find it for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment