Swagbucks

Search & Win

Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Religion.

No it's not what your wondering. I'm still Methodist. But I do think there needs to be a new religion based on the Encylopedia of Creole and Cajun cooking. Because it just keeps getting better and better. Seriously, between the meals that my friend Amy (owner of said cookbook) and I have made, I have yet to have ANYTHING, that wasn't melt in your mouth, unbutton your pants delicious....

Tonight we made Eggplant Parmesan.... it should be renamed to melt in your mouth Parmesan.

For the sauce, I made my own sauce like I usually do.
I used
1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
1-15 ounce can diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
Rosemary, Oregano, garlic powder.

I added all these to a small sauce pan and let it cook on medium while I cooked the eggplant.

Eggplant Parmesan (makes 6-8 servings)
2 Large eggplant
1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Olive oil
flour
Pepper
Rosemary
1 cup diced onion (1 md onion worked fine)
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 diced jalapenos
1/2 cup chopped basil
pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Cut Eggplant into 12-14 slices (1/2 inch thick). In a large saute pan, heat enough oil to cover the bottom to brown the eggplant. In a shallow dish mix flour, rosemary and pepper with a fork, then dredge eggplant in seasoned flour. Shaking off excess flour. Saute 4-5 slices at a time, until golden brown on each side. After cooking all the eggplant in same fashion, dump the oil, and add new oil (1 tsp olive oil). Add onion, garlic and jalapeno. Saute a few minutes, then add the tomato sauce that you've been cooking into this pan. Season with pepper and salt if you need to, I didn't need any salt.

In a 9x13 pan place eggplant and spoon even amounts of the sauce over the eggplant, and then generously sprinkle parmesan cheese and bake until the cheese is completely melted.

*Here are the changes that I made:
1) I used less parmesan and added some reduced fat Mozzerella.
2) I made 1/2 a serving of spaghetti noodles for each of us.

Without the noodles it came to 7WW points.
With the 1/2 serving of whole wheat noodles it was 8WW pts.





No comments:

Post a Comment