Swagbucks

Search & Win

Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's just that good.

So I need no photos for tonight's dinner... Because we had it last week...

Yep we had the Eggplant Parmesan AGAIN. This time I made more so we have LEFTOVERS!!! It was just as good as it was last week, maybe more, because I put some extra jalapenos in it. I sit here with the parmesan flavor still in my mouth and smile.

This is how good this Eggplant Parmesan is... This week on my weekly shopping trip, I went to The Home Depot and bought 2 Eggplant Plants, to plant in our garden, so that we can hopefully grow some Eggplants to make this dish.. I know, sad right.....

Which I guess I should let you in on a little secret. I kill plants, not on purpose, but after my whole Banana tree when I was younger incident, in which I watered that stupid plant and checked multiple times a day to see whether or not a banana was growing. One never did. Now I'm not sure if it was out of pity or just funny, but my mom took a banana out of the fridge (so it was cold) and stuck it on the tree one morning... So I get up and got all excited because THERE WAS A BANANA... soo cruel mom, by the way. Of course in my excitement I never even stopped to notice that the "newly grown" banana was cold... duh. So after that whole disappointment I have had the innate ability to kill plants.

So last year Michael wanted to start a little garden, I agreed, I thought hey, if I've got a partner in crime maybe he can save the plants... nope, we never got a single Tomato, and we got 1 HOT pepper, which burnt the ever loving tip of my tongue, OH and 1 green pepper. So he wanted to do a bigger one this year.. yeah that's all I need to add a whole other list of plants that I killed onto my rap sheet. The only difference this year, I water the plants, that's been it. I'm afraid to kill them. But we do have 10 Tomato plants, 5 squash, 5 Zuchinni, 1 Cantaloupe, 2 Bell Pepper AND NOW 2 Eggplant... and their actually living, and growing... I think I may have found my green thumb... in my husband!!

No comments:

Post a Comment