Swagbucks

Search & Win

Saturday, June 26, 2010

6 years.

Today Michael and my 6th wedding anniversary. 6 years ago today, it was scattered thunderstorms, humid and in the 90's... kind of like it was today in real life. We were very lucky to have our preacher from Huntsville drive to Auburn to perform our ceremony, and even luckier because he was an ex Alabama football player, who actually told us War Eagle at the end of our ceremony. Larry was the best preacher before he retired. We miss him dearly.

We were surrounded by some great friends and family while we said the vows that we have upheld for 6 years and hopefully many more to come. We have come a long way in 6 years too. After our reception we went to see my grandmother who was too sick to come to the wedding, where we had bought a sheet cake for the assisted living center, so that we could share that special day with her. Then we headed off to Nashville, so Sunday morning at 5 in the morning we could hop on a flight to head to Seattle on our way to our Alaskan cruise. Longest and shortest drive I think I can remember. Long because, well after a full day of activities we were exhausted, but shortest, because well we were finally married and so blissfully happy. Then our romantic first dinner together at Taco Bell. Some of his co-workers and friends gave him crap about how I would never let him live that dinner down. But we both laughed... that was what we really wanted that night. All in all that one day has turned into our life together, and there's not much I would change.

1 house renovated.
2 dogs that are huge and loveable.
1 wonderful son Will.

I know Michael puts up with a lot from me... anyone who knows me, knows I can be a little crazy, moody... ok female.. it's our right to get to be a little crazy every once in a while. But all of that comes down to the fact that I can't see myself loving anyone more than I love him. What we have is great. Most days I would rather be at home with him than doing most anything.

I made a dark chocolate cake with vanilla cream cheese icing to celebrate, and let me just tell you how fantastic it is. The trick that someone taught me when I first started Weight Watchers was instead of oil, put the same amount of unsweetened applesauce to replace the oil. It makes the cake super moist and less points. Take a look for yourself.


While we didn't do anything spectacular today for our anniversary. Michael did get me 2 pink Hydrangea bushes (which I have wanted for so long). Hopefully these will survive, the last 2 we got didn't fair so well. For Michael I got him a new smoker. And Tuesday night after my customary Tuesday Weight Watcher's Weigh in my In-Laws are going to watch Will while Michael and I go to the Melting Pot to really celebrate our anniversary.

Thanks to all my facebook friends who wished us well.

No comments:

Post a Comment