Swagbucks

Search & Win

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Egg-rolls.

I haven't done Chinese in a while. So tonight I made egg-rolls. They are worth making because they freeze great, and make a lot. So it becomes a quick dinner when I don't really want to cook.

My mom use to make these when I was younger. And I'm gonna be honest. These are 1 of the few things that I will fry. Most everything else gets baked in this house. But baked egg-rolls, just don't have the same crunch as a fried one. I am going to give you the ingredients and instructions but not the point value. Because it depends on how much oil you fry them in, and what kind of oil...


Egg-rolls
2 packages of Egg-roll wrappers (found in the produce section near Tofu)
1 package of shredded coleslaw
1 can of Chunk Chicken
3 stalks celery, diced small
1 diced onion
1 can Bean sprouts (chinese food section)
1 can Chop Suey Vegetables (larger can-chinese section)
Garlic Powder
Ground Mustard
Ginger

Mix all ingredients except the wrappers in a large bowl.
Take egg-roll wrapper and 1 at a time place 2-3 spoonfuls of mixture then following the demonstration on the package fold and seal with water.
Then I fry them. Usually in Canola oil.

To freeze and reheat them:
Let them cool, then place them in a large Ziploc bag. They stay good for a few months in the freezer. Then to reheat, heat the oven to 375. Place frozen egg-rolls on sheet pan and let them cook for 20-35 minutes.

We usually stop at our local chinese take-out and get their soup. Because I have NOT mastered anything that remotely resembles anything as good as Hot and Sour Soup.

So before you all reply about "Why not just get take out egg-rolls": My response would have to be, this way I know what is in these, I can pack more veggies and less fatty meats and I can make A LOT for a few dollars more than buying 2 at the Chinese restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment