Swagbucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chicken Cacciatore

I couldn't wait to make this dish, it's so light and Italian. I know what your thinking, those two don't mix. Well it does when it's this dish. It was so beyond easy to. Which is good considering it's like 99 degrees outside. We've had other recipes, but Michael said this one was the best to date. So it's going in the keep pile!!

Please note that on the chicken in the picture below. I got a good deal on chicken quarters, so I had to cut and take the skin off of 20 lbs of Chicken. Which means that I did the best I could, but didn't get all the skin off.
Chicken Cacciatore (4 servings)
4 Chicken Thighs with skin removed or you can use Chicken Breasts
1 medium onion diced
1 medium green pepper diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp Oregano
1/2 cup chicken broth(fat free)
4- 15 oz cans diced tomatoes, no salt added
2 Tbsp olive oil

In a deep pan, brown the chicken thighs, then remove. Saute the green peppers, onions, and garlic until they are soft. Then add the tomatoes, and remaining ingredients. Mix well, then add chicken back into pan, bring to a boil, then reduce and let simmer 45 minutes.

I had some leftover noodles from the Eggplant Parmesan, so I had 1 ounce whole wheat spaghetti with the chicken.
So my whole dinner was 5 pts. Not to bad huh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment