Swagbucks

Search & Win

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Breakfast Quesadillas.

Scrambled eggs in a tortilla, yeah I've had that before, but what never crossed my mind was to throw another tortilla on top and throw it on the Quesadilla maker...
After a post from Amanda Green Bottoms (check out her website/blog, it's great). She had some recipe posts from fellow blogs... and this one grabbed my attention. Ok, well all of them did, but this one was the first one to be thrown in the skillet....

The original recipe came from casadeinteriano.blogspot.com

breakfast.html.jpg

Photo via Aynsley


So here is what I did for ours:


Breakfast Quesadillas: (makes 2 quesadilla)

WW Pts: 11 pts.


3 oz Jimmy Dean Sausage (any kind, I used the hot, b/c we like heat around this house)

4 LaTortilla Factory Whole wheat tortilla

2 eggs

1/2 cup egg beaters

1/4 cup cheese for each quesadilla


I made scrambled eggs like we usually do. Then just threw it on a tortilla, with the cheese, then cooked the tortillas on my quesadilla maker. If you don't have a quesadilla maker, then just heat a pan with a tsp oil. Put one tortilla in. Add all the insides, top with cheese, then other tortilla. Let cook until you can see cheese melt, then take a spatula and quickly turn it over. Just make sure that the cheese has started to melt. If need be, you can weight the quesadilla down with a plate or pan lid.


Cut and serve. We added Salsa and some fruit. So I could get my extra veggie in!!

The Quesadilla was good, but next time I would probably eliminate the sausage and just use canadian bacon (4 less points). But it was at least filing so that is a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment