Swagbucks

Search & Win

Friday, July 9, 2010

It may be hot, but we still had soup.

Yes, I realize that it's July, and like 90 something degrees outside. But I wanted to try this recipe. It's a simple soup, and of course after the fact, I realized that I didn't add all the velveeta that it called for, but you know what, I didn't miss it. The whole meal is so light and has just enough kick with the Rotel.

So First up: Chicken, Tomato Panini: And guess what- Tomato--- from our garden!! Yep, that little slice of red heaven... grown by the very hands that are typing. hehe. Our first one finally ready!!
Chicken, Tomato Panini: (makes 1-12 inch sub) 2 servings
WW pts: 4.5 pts per serving

1 Whole wheat Cobblestone Sub-roll
3 slices tomato
2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
1/2 chicken breast shredded

Place everything on roll, and I grilled it on our George Foreman grill. But you could do it in a pan, just pressing down on it, to flatten it out.



Cheesy Vegetable Soup: makes 14 cups
WW pts: 1 pt. per cup

6 cups chicken broth (I used reduced sodium)
12 oz package of frozen broccoli
12 oz package of frozen broccoli and cauliflower
1 1/2 cups corn
1 1/2 cup peans and carrots
8 oz. Velveeta (I used the 2% Velveeta)
1 can Rotel

Mix everything (except cheese) in a pot, and simmer 45 minutes. Add cheese, and stir just until it's melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment