Swagbucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mittens and a Meal.

The other day, I heard Will coming down the stairs, asking for my help. Which usually means he has his arms full of race cars and he wants my help piling them all up downstairs. Yeah me. Well not today. He wanted to my help putting my mittens on. I know it is almost August, and no where near cool enough for mittens to be out. So that is what made it partially funny. Where he found them.... I have no idea. They are however the best mittens I've ever boughten (years ago-thanks GAP). The other funny part, is why I had to snap this picture. They are big mittens, and they come all the way up to his elbow, which made him walking around with them on that much funnier. When he finally decided he wanted them off, he threw his arms down like "OH- It's on"- gauntlet thrown style. I kept thinking all he needs is a face mask and I'm going to throw him in the NHL. So for today he's my little hockey player. But without the mullet and more teeth.


Ok, now that you've let me dote on my little man. Here is what we had for dinner. Another recipe from Eatathomecooks.com. Her picture turned out better than mine, but I'm pretty sure it tasted just as good.

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole (made 4 servings)
WW pts: 10 pts. per serving.

chicken, cooked and shredded (I used 2 chicken breast)
about 1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup rice (I used brown rice)
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
pepper

I sauteed 2 small chicken breasts and shredded them for this dish. You can also substitute canned chicken if you’re very short on time.

Place the chicken in a casserole dish and sprinkle the rice over it. Stir the broth, soup and pepper together and pour over the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour. (I had to bake mine for 1 hour 30 minutes. I'm guessing b/c I used brown rice vs. white rice).

I served it with Broccoli, which was a really great compliment to the dish.

Thanks again Eatathomecooks.com for a another quick and delicious meal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment