Swagbucks

Search & Win

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ouch.

I'm pretty sure that yesterday was one of the toughest days that I've had in a long time. But thanks to having great in-laws so close and so great. It made it easier.
I woke up to something that every girl despises 1 a month (you know what I'm talking about). Found out that my license is expired. Then Will was having a rough morning, my Mother in law comes to watch Will so that I can go do the grocery shopping... go to leave... Car won't start. Yeah. My Father-in-law comes to check the battery, it's not that, so I call and try to get it towed in to the dealership. But they tell me I can't "schedule" it, that once I call they are sending it. So fine, my Mother in Law drives me to get my license renewed, and watch Will while I stand in line. Then I get home, call the tow company, and they come.... At 5 pm, they still couldn't figure out what was wrong with my car. So today we were stuck at home. Which was good I think. My ankle (that I sprained last week) needed the rest.

So now today. I finally call the dealership. My car had a "sensor module" die. Which means that the electronic sensor in my car died and my car couldn't recognize that I was trying to start my car... So finally at 4:30 we went to get my car....Wow, bored yet?

Dinner still had to be made tonight. We tried another recipe from Eat at Home Cooks
It was so rich and creamy. But NOT point friendly. If I make it next time. I'm gonna have to try and make it more point friendly.

Rustic Italian Sausage Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Two Cheese Sauce (ww 16 pts.)

by TIFFANY on MARCH 24, 2009

I invented this recipe last night when I wanted something a little different, but also quick. It was a hit, as most pasta dishes are at our house.

linguine or other type pasta (penne would be good)
half & half -about 2 cups (I used 1 cup milk and 1 cup half &half)
parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
mozzerella cheese (about 1 cup)
small onion, diced
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
butter for making the sauce (1 Tbs)
roasted red peppers (I used fresh and sauteed them instead of a jarred)
Italian sausage, browned (I used Jimmy Dean, Sage and it was good)

Cook the pasta according to the directions. Brown the sausage and drain the fat. In a saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in the butter until soft. Whisk in the half & half. Then stir in the cheeses and let them melt into the sauce over low heat. I didn’t really measure any of the sauce ingredients, but went by what I thought looked good. I also added salt and pepper.

When the pasta is cooked, drain it and put it back in the cooking pot. Add in the sausage, sauce and roasted red peppers. Serve it with a salad

The recipe made enough for 4 servings. So now you know the OUCH... The points spent on dinner..... but it was good. So if your one of those great people who don't have to worry about calories or WW pts.... try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment