Swagbucks

Search & Win

Monday, July 19, 2010

Shrimp Po'Boys.

I love food on Sale. A few weeks ago Kroger had their shrimp on sale. Now I know there is nothing like sitting on the deck of a restaurant smelling the salty air and hearing the waves crashing into the beach waiting for your freshly caught shrimp to show up to your table. But here's the kicker. The shrimp I got, tasted so fresh, that I almost forgot that I was sitting in Northern Alabama and not at the Sandy Beaches of Destin. I know that's not going to happen for a few months, so for now I'm going to have to remember how good these shrimp were.

I kinda made up this recipe. Just from flavors that I wanted to try. It turned out pretty good. I will be making this recipe again.

Shrimp Po'Boy (makes 2 sandwiches)
Weight Watcher Points: 8 pts a sandwich.

1 lb Shrimp, with no shells
2 Tbsp Hot sauce
2 Tbsp Flour
2 Tbsp Corn Meal
2 Subroll

Take the shrimp (shells off) and dip them in the hot sauce. Mix the flour and cornmeal in a bowl. Then drain the hot sauce and pour the flour mixture over the shrimp to coat. Cook them in a hot pan with PAM. Then place on sub-roll and top with lettuce, tomato and sauce*.

*I don't have exact measurements on the sauce, since Michael makes it, but these are the ingredients: Ketchup, Mayo, Horseradish. He mixes it to taste. Usually less mayo and more horseradish for us.

We had these with fresh squash and zucchini from our garden, and a side salad. Both of which complimented the flavors of Po'Boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment