Swagbucks

Search & Win

Friday, July 16, 2010

Mexican Meatball Subs.

It's FRIDAY!!!! Finally. Has it seemed to take an eternity for this week to end to anyone else? Yeah. I thought so.

The recipe tonight is courtesy of Aimee's Adventures. All her recipes are Weight watcher recipes, and fantastic. Every single one we've tried from her site has been fantastic. It has been a while since we have had her Mexican Meatball Subs, and they were just as good as I remembered them. I love that she gives you her point values. But I usually check mine on WW.com just to make sure that if I changed an ingredient or something. But so far they have all been right on!!

Mexican Meatball Subs (Makes 5 servings- I usually freeze the leftovers meatballs for later)
WW:5 pts per sub

1 Lb. 96% Lean Ground Beef (I used Ground turkey)
1 Large Egg, beaten (I actually leave out the egg)
3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning Mix
5 Hot Dog Bun, low calorie, 1 point each
5 Tablespoons Shredded Cheddar or Mozzarella Cheese
5 Tablespoons Salsa
5 Tablespoons Sour Cream, light

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine the ground beef, egg and taco seasoning mix by hand. Divide into 15 meatballs (a little over 1 1/2 tablespoons each). Spray a 9 inch glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange the meatballs in the baking dish so that they aren't touching. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. If they start to brown too fast on top, you can lay a piece of foil on top of the dish. Once complete, place 3 meatballs inside each hotdog bun. Top each with 1 tablespoon of cheese, 1 tablespoon of salsa and 1 tablespoon of sour cream. You can also top with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes if desired.

I also add a Tablespoon of guacamole to ours. Which does add a pt. But it's so worth it.
I roasted some potatoes, so we had french fries with it tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment