Swagbucks

Search & Win

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas!

Can you tell we like Mexican? It's funny when we are making our menu for the week. It's always goes something like this:

Me: What do we have (as in what dinners have been added)
Michael: We have a Mexican, Italian, Mexican, American, Vegetarian.

But hey it's good, cheap, and it goes a long way. So why not. I found 2 chicken enchilada recipes on Eat at home cooks. But I noticed today while cooking the chicken for the recipe, that there wasn't a single vegetable in her recipe. Now, I'm not saying that I have had true authentic mexican, so I don't know if they normally pack veggies into their meals. But come on, I'm on WW, if it's free (of points) and I can add it to a dish to "bulk it up". Then you better believe I'm going to. And funny enough, as I go to the page for her website, up pops ANOTHER enchilada recipe.... Can we say "Copy and Paste" into my already growing list of recipes of hers to try.

Luckily this recipe was a lot more point friendly than the Sausage and Peppers pasta. I think that one was the culprit to my .2 gain this week. I know .2 is almost nothing, but I had to work my butt to try and get rid of what I did. But we'll save that rant for another day.

Chicken Enchiladas (makes 8 Enchiladas)
WW pts: 4 pts for a single Enchilada

  • cooked chicken (I used 2 chicken breast)
  • tomato sauce (I used 1- 15 oz. can and 1-8oz. can)
  • cheddar cheese, shredded (I used 2 cups of regular, but you could use lowfat)
  • green chilies, diced (I used a whole can)
  • salt and pepper mexican oregano (this is optional b/c it's hard to find)
  • garlic powder
  • tortillas (I used LaTortilla Factory Whole wheat (1 pt each)
  • 1/2 a green pepper, 1/2 a red pepper (diced and sautéed)
  • 1 onion diced and sauteed

Shred up the cooked chicken and mix it with 1 cup of cheese, onion, peppers and green chilies.

Mix a can of tomato sauce with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder to taste. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread a layer of the sauce in the dish.

Put some chicken mixture in a tortilla and roll it up, placing it in the pan. Repeat until you’ve used up the chicken mixture. Pour sauce over all the enchiladas. Add extra cheese on top. Bake them at 350 degrees for about an hour or until they’re hot and bubbly.

I also chopped up some lettuce and tomato to throw on top. And added 1 tbsp of Fat free sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment