- cooked chicken (I used 2 chicken breast)
- tomato sauce (I used 1- 15 oz. can and 1-8oz. can)
- cheddar cheese, shredded (I used 2 cups of regular, but you could use lowfat)
- green chilies, diced (I used a whole can)
- salt and pepper mexican oregano (this is optional b/c it's hard to find)
- garlic powder
- tortillas (I used LaTortilla Factory Whole wheat (1 pt each)
- 1/2 a green pepper, 1/2 a red pepper (diced and sautéed)
- 1 onion diced and sauteed
Shred up the cooked chicken and mix it with 1 cup of cheese, onion, peppers and green chilies.
Mix a can of tomato sauce with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder to taste. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread a layer of the sauce in the dish.
Put some chicken mixture in a tortilla and roll it up, placing it in the pan. Repeat until you’ve used up the chicken mixture. Pour sauce over all the enchiladas. Add extra cheese on top. Bake them at 350 degrees for about an hour or until they’re hot and bubbly.
I also chopped up some lettuce and tomato to throw on top. And added 1 tbsp of Fat free sour cream.